We all know that peanuts are full of goodness. They have so much of anti -oxidants that keep our heart healthy. A fistful of peanuts every day is most beneficial for our health. This recipe ' Kadalai Urundai' is a traditional recipe that is popular till date. You can find kadalai Urundai ( Peanut Ladoo) packets in any grocery store. A guilt free, healthy snack too.
I always love to learn recipes from culinary experts and this Kadalai Urundai recipe is shared and demonstrated ( in my instagram stories) by my dear MIL, who is extremely passionate about cooking. A fool proof recipe and a great after school snack too.
Kadalai Urundai | Peanut Ladoo :
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Makes : 20 ladoos
1 cup = 250 ml
Special vessel : Iron Kadai
Storage : Keeps good for upto 10 days.
200 gms peanuts ( roasted and skin removed)
1 cup Jaggery ( powdered) ( loosely packed)
1/2 cup water
2 green cardamom ( remove skin and powdered)
1/2 teaspoon ghee ( optional)
1. Dry roast the peanuts till they are crisp and the skin starts to peel.
2. Cool and remove skin completely.
Chef Tip : You can buy peanuts without skin, it reduces your work.
3. Heat an iron kadai with jaggery, add water and allow the jaggery to melt completely.
4. Filter the jaggery water and transfer it back to the kadai and start heating.
5. Keep stirring the jaggery over low flame, add cardamom powder.
6. Keep a small cup with water and when the jaggery starts to thicken and foam, just drop little syrup into the water.
7. The drops should not mix with water, you must be able to roll it and when you drop it into the bowl, you must be able to hear a sound.
Chef Tip: We are looking for a two string consistency, so the small droplets of syrup should make a sound like a pebble when dropped into the water from a height( see pic)
8. Switch off , add peanuts and mix well.
9. Grease hands with little oil or ghee and roll them to make ladoos.
Chef Tip : Do not roll too tightly as it might be difficult for elders to bite.
Kadalai Urundai/Peanut Ladoo is ready. You can store them in a clean air tight container and it keeps good for upto 10 days.
So do try this easy ladoo recipe and stay healthy. Wishing you all a very Happy Deepavali.
Happy Cooking !