It has been a long time since I baked a cake. So, I was quite excited to try a cheese cake and that too with a vegetable - yellow pumpkin. The yellow pumpkin is a little sweet and is a perfect addition to desserts. I have broken down the recipe to simple steps so that it is easier for you to follow and make this cake. It is yummy and is a great favourite especially with children.
This cheese cake is eggless and that does not affect the taste or taexture of the cake in any way. Just a few ingredients this cheese cake is easy to bake.
Pumpkin Cheese cake is just delicious spiced with ginger and cinnamon and the dark chocolate in the cake makes it decadent. Whether it is a weekend party or any celebration, bake this cake ahead of time and refrigerate. Slice the cheese cake drizzle some chocolate sauce and enjoy!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe :
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 50 minutes
Serves : 6
Special Vessel : cheese cake pan, metal whisk
1 cup = 250 ml cup
3 cups Yellow pumpkin ( chopped)
360 gms cream cheese
1 cup brown sugar
100 gms dark chocolate
1/2 teaspoon dry ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon unsalted butter ( for greasing)
pinch of salt
For the base layer:
20 oreo biscuits ( or any chocolate biscuit without the cream)
2 teaspoons melted unsalted butter
For dusting/garnish/frosting :
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Line a 6" cheese cake pan with parchment paper ( cut to size) on the bottom of the pan.
2. Grease the sides of the pan with butter.
3.Remove the cream part of the biscuit and grind only the biscuit part to a fine powder.
4. Add the melted butter and mix well.
5. Transfer the ground mixture to the cheese cake pan , spread them uniformly and gently press the top layer using a flat ladle or the back of a spoon .
6. Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes and then bake this biscuit layer only for 7 minutes.
7. Remove and set it aside.
8. Add the pumpkin and one half of the cream cheese ( 180 gms) to the mixer.
9. Now add the brown sugar and grind it to a smooth paste.
10. Transfer it to a large mixing bowl and add the cinnamon and dry ginger powder.
11. Remove 1/4 cup of this mixture and set it aside.
12. To the remaining mixture add the other half of the cream cheese and using a metal whisk, mix without any lumps and pour it over the biscuit layer in the cheese cake pan.
13. Break the dark chocolate into smaller pieces and put them in a glass bowl.
14. Microwave the chocolates for one minute on high and then stir with a spoon to get silky melted dark chocolate.
15. To this add the 1/4 cup pumpkin cheese puree mixture and mix well.
16. Add blobs of this chocolate mixture using a spoon inside the pumpkin cheese mixture leaving a gap of at least 1" between each blob.
17. Using a chop stick or a sharp knife make swirls on the chocolate blobs for a swirl effect.
18. Cover the cheese cake using an aluminium foil and bake the cake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees C for 50 minutes.
19. Once baked, remove the foil completely and allow it to cool.
20. Once cooled completely, transfer the cheese cake to a refrigerator and allow it to chill for at least 6-8 hours before you serve.
21. Just before serving, you can frost or garnish the cheese cake either with icing sugar, chocolates or fresh fruits .
Chef Tips :
I used this cut out to sprinkle the icing sugar over the cake.
Your cake is dressed and ready to be served !!
Happy Cooking !