Adding seasonal fresh vegetables in our meals is so wholesome. I try to add as many vegetables in our lunch and dinner everyday. Today I am sharing a simple yet delicious sabji( vegetable ) that can be enjoyed along with rice and rotis . During winter months, we get juicy red carrots and Pahadi Aloo ( potatoes from the mountains) which is so fresh and yummy.
A simple, healthy and easy to make recipe just for you.
Aloo Gajar Sabzi:
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 -20 minutes
Serves : 4
1 cup = 250 ml cup
4 medium size potatoes ( peeled and cubed)
2 carrots ( peeled and cubed)
1 large onion ( sliced thinly)
1/4 cup peas ( optional)
2 teaspoons sambar powder or chilli powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon garam masala
pinch of asafoetida
salt to taste
To temper :
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon jeera/cumin seeds
1 sprig curry leaves ( optional)
For garnish :
handful of cilantro/coriander leaves ( finely chopped)
1. Heat oil in a pan and temper with ingredients given for tempering.
2. Now add the onions , turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
3. Once the onions turn translucent add the potatoes and carrot.
4. Add the chilli powder/sambar powder, coriander powder, garam masala and add 1/4 cup of water ( adjust) and cook the vegetables over low flame till they are soft and tender.
5. Add a pinch of asafoetida, mix and switch off.
Chef Tip : You can serve this sabji in semi gravy form too by adding extra water .
Delicious , healthy Home Style Aloo Gajar Sabji is ready so quickly. Enjoy with hot phulkas or rice.
Happy Cooking !