Every day cooking can be made healthy and interesting by adding our own twists. Today, I am sharing an interesting paratha recipe using cheese . Pizza is favourite among youngsters and paratha is a healthy and wholesome Indian bread. Combining both these recipes in one . It is a kids favourite recipe and I bet everyone in the family will love it too.
I am sharing two ways of making the paratha . It tastes yummy either ways.
Paratha Pizza Recipe :
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Serves : 2-3
1 cup = 250 ml cup
2 cups whole wheat flour
water ( adjust)
2 teaspoon pizza spread or tomato sauce
1/4 cup flour ( for dusting)
1 tablespoon butter or oil ( to cook the paratha)
For the cheese filling:
200 gm mozzarella cheese ( grated)
2 teaspoons cilantro ( finely chopped, you can use parsley or mint too)
1/2 teaspoon dry Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
pinch of salt
1. Prepare the dough for paratha ( just like chapathi, refer here), and divide them into equal portions.
2. In a bowl or plate mix grated cheese with herbs and spices.
3. Dust a working counter and roll using a rolling pin into a 6 " circle.
4. Sprinkle the cheese on the rolled out circle and gently press using a flat ladle or spoon.
5. Cut the circle into strips and assemble them one on top of the other.
6. Press gently and coil them into a circle ( refer picture).
7. Dust the working counter and roll the paratha .
Alternative method :
8. Instead of the coiling method, you can use the book fold method.
9. Heat a tava and cook the parathas till they are done on both sides.
10. Spread the pizza sauce or tomato sauce and sprinkle cheese when the paratha is hot and serve .
Your delicious Paratha Pizza is ready !
Happy Cooking !