Pasta is always in high demand at home. The best part of cooking pasta is that you can add a lot of vegetables that brings colour and flavour to the dish. You can make this cheesy pasta within 15-20 minutes . A tasty and colourful pasta recipe that can even be packed for lunch box.
Cheese Pasta :
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Serves : 2-3
1 cup = 250 ml cup
3 cups pasta ( macaroni , or any pasta variety of your choice)
For pasta sauce :
1.5 -2 cups milk
100 grams paneer/ cottage cheese
2 teaspoons corn flour
1/2 teaspoon black pepper corns
3-4 garlic pods ( finely chopped, optional)
1/2 cup bell peppers ( mixed colours , finely chopped)
1 onion ( finely chopped)
2 teaspoons black olives and/or green olives
5-10 spinach leaves ( finely chopped)
1 teaspoon butter or oil
salt to taste
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes ( optional)
1 teaspoon oregano or dried Italian seasoning mix
1. In a mixer jar, add 1/2 cup milk , paneer, corn flour, black pepper corns and grind it to a smooth sauce.
2. Mix this sauce with the remaining 1/2 cup of milk and set it aside.
3. Heat 7-8 cups of water in a wide vessel with a pinch of salt and when the water starts to boil add the macaroni .
4. While the macaroni is cooking , heat a wide pan or kadai on a low flame with butter on another burner.
5. Add garlic and onions, salt and saute' them till the onions turn transparent.
6. Now add the spinach and cook for just a minute and then immediately add the ground sauce.
7. Stir them well over medium flame and add the bell peppers and olives.
8. Let the sauce cook over low flame for 2-3 minutes.
9. In the mean time, drain the macaroni in a colander and add it to the pasta sauce.
10. Adjust the milk quantity if the sauce becomes dry .
Chef tip : You can also add water to dilute.
11. Add Italian seasoning, chilli flakes and cheese and switch off.
Delicious Cheese Pasta is ready to be served. You can serve them with toasted bread or Restaurant Style Garlic Bread.
Happy Cooking !