I am sure many of you must be making this pizza at home. Whenever I grind the Idli/ Dosa batter, this pizza is made on one day for sure . It tastes amazing and is also easy to make. Though I have been making this Uthappam Pizza for many years now, after the National Award winning Tamil movie 'Kaaka Muttai' - The crow's egg , we call this ' Kaaka Muttai Pizza' . If you haven't seen the movie, please watch . An amazing story of two boys and their desire to eat pizza.
Now, let the recipe do the talking.
Uthappam Pizza :
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15-20 minutes
Serves : 2-3
1 cup =250 ml cup
4-5 cups Idli/Dosa batter
1 green bell pepper/capsicum( thinly sliced)
2 tomatoes ( deseeded and thinly sliced)
1 onion ( thinly sliced)
15-20 black olives ( optional)
1/2 cup pizza/pasta sauce
1 cup cheese ( grated)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
2 teaspoons oil
1. Heat a small pan and pour a ladle of batter .
Chef tip : You can use the smallest pan you have. Grease the pan uniformly with oil.
2. Sprinkle grated cheese generously over the uthappam and then arrange the vegetables.
Chef tip : You can mix the vegetables in the pizza sauce before arranging them on the uthappam.
3. Sprinkle the seasoning and spice.
4. Drizzle some oil around the uthappam and close the lid for 2 minutes or till the time the cheese is melted .
Chef tip : cook over low flame only.
5. Flipping the uthappam is an optional step.
6. Garnish with tomato sauce and serve.
Delicious and Healthy Uthappam Pizza is ready !
Happy Cooking !