" Kordois" is an Assamese Snack that is made either as a sweet or as a savoury snack. This snack is made specially on Bihu Festival days. The Kordoi is shaped like a 'Star Fruit' using the all purpose flour and traditionally deep fried. But in this healthier version, I have used Multigrain flour , carrots and baked the kordois instead of deep frying them . Crisp and tasty Kordois can make your tea time interesting and wholesome.
Instead of baking this dish, you can also deep fry them. A very tasty snack .
Assamese Baked Savoury Kordois:
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 10-12 minutes
Serves : 4-6
1 cup =250 ml cup
1 cup multigrain flour
1 carrot ( grated)
1 onion ( finely chopped)
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder/ dhania powder
1/2 teaspoon ajwain/ carom seeds
salt to taste
2 tablespoons oil to grease
1. Add the flour, onions, carrots, red chilli powder, dhania powder , ajwain, salt in a wide bowl and mix well.
Chef tip : You can add grated or finely chopped vegetables of your choice.
|I added carrot and onion|
2. Add water little by little and make a stiff dough.
4. Dust the working space with flour and roll out the portion into thin circles.
5. Using a knife , cut the circle into stripes, leaving the corners .
6. Roll the circle and pinch the sides of the rolled kordois.
7. Repeat the same procedure for the entire batch.
8. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes.
9. Line the baking tray with parchment paper or butter paper.
10. Place the kordois on the parchment paper.
11. Brush the kordois with oil and bake them in the preheated oven at 160 degrees C for 10-12 minutes, turning them and greasing them mid way.
Your delicious and healthy Assamese baked Kordois is ready for tea/coffee time snack.
Happy Cooking !