Tuesday, February 17, 2015

FINGER MILLET CUMIN COOKIES

Hi SUPERMOMS,

Having done so much of sweet baking, I was in a mood to make something healthy !(though I knew that I am not going get approval from my kids!).
Tried making these Ragi Jeera whole wheat biscuits....strickly for health conscious people !!!!




You definetly need to like two things..RAGI(FINGER MILLET) and  JEERA( CUMIN Seeds). So this ,i have baked for myself!

I thought it will be an ideal diet snack and it might help someone who is trying to bake non sweet version of cookies.

I haven't followed anybody's recipe for this one!!! So was quite nervous whether it will turn out well.

Ok. Here is what I did.

INGREDIENTS

Whole wheat flour -1/2 cup
Ragi powder( Finger Millet)- 1/2 cup
Maida( all purpose flour)- 1/2 cup
Semolina- 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Crushed fresh cumin-1 tsp ( you can add more if you like)
Cardamom powder- a pinch

Ghee-1 tbsp.

Milk- to bind the dough(1 tbsp approx..might be little more or less)

I used the same kadai(wok) in which I heated the ghee.

1.Mix all the dry ingredients. Add ghee and mix well.


2. Bind it to make a smooth dough.


3.Divide the dough into two and using a foil and your hands, roll out the dough like this.


4. Roll out to make a circle of 2 to 3 cm thickness.



4. Preheat your oven and line your baking tray with butter paper. I have used a non stick cookery tray( thanks to my brother for gifting this one!) ,so just greased some olive oil.



5.Using cookie cutters, cut and arrange the cookies in the tray.


6. Once you have arranged the batch, bake @ 180 degrees for 10 minutes or until the sides star browning.


7.Once baked, transfer the cookies to a wire rack and allow them to cool completly


Your FINGER MILLET CUMIN COOKIES are ready for accompanying your cup of tea!!!

See, we need to bake for ourselves too!

What say SUPERMOMS! I am sure the elders at home will definetly like the taste! I can gurantee you that !

HAPPY COOKING!

With love,

MASTERCHEFMOM










No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...