Monday, November 13, 2017

Spring Onion Dip | Three Ingredient Scallion Dip Recipe | Gluten Free and Vegan



Hi Supermoms,

I am always thrilled to create and share quick and easy recipes. Did I share with you all that I have amazing and talented friends who are such warm human beings. I feel blessed and am so grateful for being a small part of their lives. They are so gracious and generous to share their family recipes .  I am  so happy to share the recipes shared by them . They are all tried and tested and also a big hit in their homes.

Recently when I visited my friend Kavita's home, she asked me to taste a dip/spread that she had made and quizzed me about the main ingredient. The dip was so tasty and tasted familiar but I failed to answer the right main ingredient. I was so surprised to learn from her that it was 'spring onion/scallion'. When she shared the entire recipe with me , I was even more excited , as it had only 3 main ingredients - sesame seeds, peanuts and scallions !!

Kavita is always so excited to cook and feed her friends and family. 

We had a good time catching up and I came home so refreshed. Don't we all feel refreshed after time with good friends? But , that scallion dip was on top of my mind. Next day, I went to the market to get a fresh bunch of spring onions and recreated Kavita's recipe. In fact, in my excitement, I forgot to roast dry red chillies and added red chilli powder instead. But it tasted equally good. So you can try both ways.  It was simply delicious ! 

You can serve them along with crackers, chips, savoury biscuits, pita bread or even use them as a sandwich spread. I have tried all of the above, they taste amazing. I even made mini dosa using my Ragi Lentil Dosa batter  ( dosa tacos) and spread the scallion dip. Simply amazing and so healthy. You can store this dip in a clean and dry glass bottle , add a teaspoon of oil on top. 



Spring Onion Dip | Three Ingredient Spring Onion / Scallion Dip Recipe:

Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time : 5 minutes
Storage : Keeps good for upto a week when stored in a clean , odour free and dry container. 
Special vessel/equipment : Mixer/food processor 
Recipe Courtesy : Mrs. Kavita Raj 

Ingredients :

5 spring onions ( roughly chopped)
2 teaspoons  spring onion greens ( chopped)
1 teaspoon lemon juice ( adjust according to taste)
1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri chilli powder ( if you are not using dry red chillies) 
1/4 teaspoon powdered jaggery ( optional, you can even use brown sugar) 
salt to taste

To dry roast :

1/4 cup peanuts 
1 teaspoon sesame seeds ( white or black)

For garnish :

2 teaspoons oil ( of your choice, adjust)
chilli flakes 

Method :

1. Dry roast the peanuts and sesame seeds separately and add it to the jar of a mixer or food processor.
2. Add the washed and chopped spring onions and leaves, spice , salt , jaggery powder ( if adding) and lemon juice .
Chef tip : Use less amount of leaves for better flavour. 

3. Grind them smoothly without adding any water.
Chef tip : You can add oil to grind smoothly .
4. Taste and adjust the salt and spice. 
5. Transfer it to a clean jar /container and add oil to seal the freshness.

Your super yummy, flavourful and fresh dip/spread is ready to use immediately or later. It is handy to have this ready in your refrigerator. Much better than any store bought spread/dip. A perfect side to your party starters too. 


Happy Cooking !

With love,

Masterchefmom 







No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...