Saturday, March 21, 2020

Spinach Peanut Chutney | Gluten Free and Vegan Recipe

Spinach Peanut Chutney

Hi Supermoms,

I love making different varieties of chutneys. They are easy to make, tastes amazing and also gives me the opportunity to add more healthy ingredients . 

For many of you following my blog, you would already know that I try my level best to add spinach to every day menu in some form. Spinach gave this chutney loads of flavour, taste and made it so colourful too. 

The chutney gets me lots of compliments whenever I make it. I am confident that you will receive loads of appreciation for this chutney. This recipe is a keeper. 

I would love to hear how it turned out for you and your family feedback . 

Now let's start cooking !

Spinach Peanut Chutney


Spinach Peanut Chutney 

Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 10-12 minutes
Serves : 4-6
1 cup = 250 ml cup


Ingredients :

15-20  spinach leaves 
1/2 cup peanuts ( raw)
1 teaspoon for roasting peanuts
1-2 green chillies 
1/2 cup fresh coconut ( chopped)
water ( adjust)
salt to taste

For tempering :

2  tsp coconut oil 
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
4-5 curry leaves ( roughly torn, optional)

For garnish (optional):

finely chopped cilantro 

Method :

1. In a small pan add 1 teaspoon oil and roast the peanuts till they start cracking and well browned.
2. Cool and grind them along with blanched spinach, coconut and green chillies adding water little by little.
3. Transfer it to a serving bowl.
4. Heat oil for tempering and temper the chutney with the ingredients given for tempering.
5. Add salt and mix well. 
6. Garnish if you like ( optional step)

Spinach Peanut Chutney


Your delicious and healthy peanut chutney is ready in minutes. Serve it along with your tiffin. I served it with a super healthy Millet Dosai. 

Happy Cooking!

With love,

Masterchefmom

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...