Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Macaroni Pie Recipe | Baked Pasta Recipe by Masterchefmom

 

Macaroni Pie Recipe

Hi Supermoms,

How are you all? 

It has been a while since I updated my blog with fresh recipes. More than the recipes, I missed clicking pictures for the blog. With instagram reels and Youtube Shorts eating up all my time, I am left with very less energy to update the blog. 

I do not want to give any more excuse... so here I am today with a delicious pasta recipe. Pasta is a favourite of both my daughter and me. We are always finding new excuses to try different kinds of Pasta. My daughter going away to college meant I have started having pasta only once in a while now, since my husband likes more of "Desi treats". 

My daughter coming home for Diwali holidays got me back in to the Pasta street. As soon as she came back,  she requested me to make a pasta. I wanted to make something really special for her and thus was born "Macaroni Pie". It came out wonderfully. 

It has simple ingredients which come together to make an irresistibly tasty dish. Instead of macaroni, you can make it with any pasta of your choice. You can also make this completely vegan by skipping milk and adding a few cashews while grinding the cauliflower. You can also skip the cheese and instead add crumbled tofu and bread crumbs. 

You can make this pie in advance for your guests or can even pack it for lunch box. It is also a great weekend dinner idea. 

My daughter loved the Macaroni Pie  and relished it. But the icing was that Raghu, who is not a big fan of pasta also approved the taste. 

So, just go ahead and give this yummy pasta a try!

Macaroni Pie Recipe


Macaroni Pie Recipe by Masterchefmom


Preparation time: 10 minutes

Cooking time: 45 mins

Serves: 3-4

1 cup = 250 ml cup


Ingredients:


For the cauliflower layer:


1 head cauliflower

2-3 garlic cloves

1/8 tsp pepper powder( adjust)

1/4 cup milk

Italian seasoning as per liking (you can always use fresh herbs)

3 tsp olive oil

Salt to taste


For the tangy macaroni layer:


2 tsp olive oil

2 garlic cloves( finely chopped)

1 onion ( thinly sliced)

1/2 bell pepper( thinly sliced)

1 tsp olives( optional)

3-4 tomatoes( ground)

2 cups macaroni 

Salt to taste


For the Cheese layer:


Mozzarella cheese or cheese of your choice

Herbs (dry or fresh) 

Olives 


Method:


1. Add cauliflower and garlic to boiling water and allow it to cook for 7-8 minutes, drain and allow it to cool down.

2. Grind the cauliflower-garlic mixture along with milk to make a smooth and thick paste.

3. Add olive oil, salt, pepper powder and Italian seasoning, mix well and set it aside.

4. To a kadai/pan, add olive oil.

5. Add garlic and fry till it is well browned.

6. Now add thinly sliced onions, bell pepper and mix well.

7.Add the ground tomatoes, chilli flakes, Italian seasoning ,salt and allow the tomatoes to cook well.

8. Add olives, boiled macaroni ( cook as per instructions in the packet) , mix well and cook for just 2-3 minutes and switch off.


Assembling the Pie: 


To an oven safe dish, firstly spoon the tomato macaroni, then add the cauliflower layer and finish off by sprinkling cheese generously. You can garnish with more olives and seasoning. You can even add coloured bell peppers or cherry tomatoes to make it look more vibrant.


Baking the Pie:


Pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees C for 10 minutes. Place the baking dish in the middle tray and bake it at 180 degrees C for 20 minutes. 


Please note that the baking time will vary a little depending upon the oven model you are using. Adjust accordingly. 


You will find that the top layer has browned towards the corner, an indication that the pie is now ready to be served!!


Chef tip : After boiling the cauliflower to make the cauliflower layer, I set aside one cup florets to make oven roasted cauliflower. For that, I simply added some dried oregano and chilli flakes and salt to 2 teaspoons of olive oil and rubbed the oil into the cauliflower florets. Then, I spread them onto a baking sheet and baked them in a pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes . 


For the garlic bread, I added some crushed garlic, dry oregano, chilli flakes to butter. Mixed it well and spread it on bread. Sprinkled, cheese and veggies on top and baked them in a pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes or till the cheese is melted. 


I served them along with the macaroni pie. It was just divine. I received so much compliments from my family. It was one stunning looking and delicious meal. 


Macaroni Pie Recipe


I hope you try this recipe soon. Waiting to hear your feedback....


Happy Cooking!


With love,


Masterchefmom


No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...