Monday, March 2, 2015

Spaghetti Pie | A Pasta Treat | How to make Spaghetti Pasta as a Pie | Stepwise Pictures

Hi SUPERMOMS,

This might look like so much work.....but the secret is....that it was made with left overs!!!!!! Had to just prepare the Bechamel sauce with cauliflower and peas.

I had made Spaghetti in marinara sauce for Saturday dinner, but had over estimated the quantity. I am not justifying myself here...but estimating Spaghetti can be really challenging!

So was left over with lots of pasta. I would have heated it up in the morning and served the kids if not for the DOUGH that I had kneaded extra for my PHULKA. 

I had been wanting to make GRATIn for quite some time....so combined those ideas and came up with my original recipe, SPAGHATTI TART PIE!!!


It was so delicious that even my husband ( a not so pasta liker) loved it!!!! That is my biggest victory!

So presenting the SPAGHETTI TART recipe.

Ingredients:

SPAGHETTI PASTA- cooked in your favourite sauce ( you can use any pasta)( I had cooked the spaghetti in spicy marinara sauce)
PASTRY DOUGH- Simply knead together whole wheat flour with salt and oil( shortening)
For the bechamel sauce:

All purpose flour-1 tbsp
Milk- 500 ml
Pepper- coarsely ground
Salt-1/2 tsp
Butter-1 tbsp
Cheddar cheese- roughly cut
Cauliflower and peas par boiled( Al Dente)
Fresh mint leaves for flavour( roughly chopped)

Let us start preparing the sauce first.

1. In a pan, heat butter and add the flour. When the flour is lighly roasted. Remove from flame. Add 2 tablespoon of milk and make a smooth paste.Now put the pan back on the stove and add the remaining milk little by little. You will see the sauce, thickening. Add pepper and salt. Then add the cauliflower and peas. Finally, add mint leaves.you can add some cheese to make it more rich. I have'nt used eggs.Bechamel sauce with cauliflower,peas and mint is ready. You can refer the link for picture tutorial.




2.Now transfer the dough to your working board( my dough was cold as I had cling wrapped my dough and refrigerated it..it works perfect). Divide it into two balls and roll them out so that they fit your tart pan. 


3. Grease your tart pan. I grease it with butter, as it gives a nice flavour to the baked pastry.


4.Now, fit the rolled out dough in the pan and press gently with with fingers to give an impression.


5. Spread the Spaghetti inside. This looks tempting is'nt it! But wait....more yumminess is on the way...


6. Take the other rolled out piece of dough and play with your creativity. I used cookie cutter to cut a leaf shape out like this.


7. Now back to our tart pan. Pour our Cauliflower Bechamel sauce on top of the Spaghetti.


8. Sprinkle some more cheddar cheese on top and cover it with the other shaped pastry.


9. I could have baked it just like that...but was in the mood for more decoration. Applied a coat of milk on top with a brush and stuck all the cut leaves. I carefully sealed the edges and trimmed the extra dough.preheat the oven while you are doing the decoration.


10.  Bake this beauty at 160 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. I baked for the first 15 minutes uncovered and then loosely covered the tart with an alluminium foil to avoid burning of the top.


My gorgeous looking tart pie was ready. I cooled it for 15 minutes before I removed it from the pan. 
I cut neatly,sliced it and served my loved ones!!!!

This can be an ideal main course dish for any party....what say SUPERMOMS?

Hope you loved this recipe.

HAPPY COOKING!

With love,

MASTERCHEFMOM























No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...