Sunday, June 7, 2015

Corn Bhel - a healthy evening snack

Hi Supermoms,

This was an impromtu dish that I came up with to satisfy the evening hunger pangs of my family. It was late evening and I wanted to make a light snack so that it does'nt affect our dinner.

Quick,easy ,tasty and healthy, Can we ask for more?


                  


As I was in a hurry, I could not take the step by step pictures. But the taste was so awesome that my family wanted me to put this recipe up in my blog. Few ingredients and you are there!!!



                         

Ingredients:

Corn kernels - 250 gms 

Finely chopped vegetables - I used onuons, tomatoes, cilantro, green chillies( optional)

Corn flakes mixture - You can use any crunchy namkeen( baked snacks are also now available) . Oryou can just add baked peanuts. This is gor the extra crunch. 

Lime juice -1 tsp ( adjust )

Salted butter 

Salt to taste ( you can add black salt)

Chaat masala powder - for sprinkling

METHOD

1. Boil the corn kernels with little butter,salt and 1/4 cup of water. I pressure cooked it for 1 whistle. 

2. While it is cooking, chop the  vegetables .

3. Mix the corn with the vegetables. Add the lime juice.

4. Just before serving add your choice of Namkeen/ peanuts and serve.

A healthy as well a light snack liked by all.



                          


Do try and you will love it!!!

Happy Cooking!

With love,

Masterchefmom

P.S :


Thanks for stopping by my blog. Do leave your valuable comments and do spread a word about  my work  as Sharing is Caring.

You can also visit and like my facebook page www.facebook.com/Masterchefmom for recipe updates.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...