Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Apple Cilantro Chutney | Green Chutney with Apple | Gluten Free and Vegan Recipe

Apple Cilantro Chutney

Hi Supermoms,

"Chutneys are like accessories, they are a must, but don't over do it" says Asha Shivkumar, the author of the cookbook " Masala and Meatballs". I met Asha through her delicious food in instagram and our common passion " Food" connected us instantly. I vividly remember Asha messaging me around three years ago, if I spoke Tamizh at home as I had posted about 'Palgova' that day in my instagram😀.

When she shared that she was writing a cookbook , I was more than thrilled. My happiness knew no bounds when I received a copy of the book as a loving gesture from Asha. The cookbook is truly one of a kind with delicious Indian recipes with an American twist . It has spectacular photography of food that tempts you to try them immediately. 

As a chutney lover, the recipe that I tried first was this Green chutney using apples. The taste was so good and it was a perfect compliment to the Potato and Chickpea Burgers that I also made from the book. 

Such a yummy and tasty chutney recipe that can be made in minutes. You can spread them on sandwiches , rolls , add them in your chaat or serve them as an accompaniment to your tea time snacks. 

Apple Cilantro Chutney

Recipe Courtesy : Masala and Meatballs by Asha Shivkumar 

Apple Cilantro Chutney Recipe :

Total  time : 10 minutes
1 cup = 250 ml cup 
Vessel/Equipment required : Food processor/ mixer grinder/blender
Storage : Keeps good for 3-4 days when refrigerated

Ingredients :

1 apple ( cored and chopped)
1 cup cilantro/coriander leaves ( washed and chopped)
1/2 cup mint leaves ( washed and chopped)
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/4 onion ( diced) 
2 garlic cloves
3 green chillies ( adjust according to the spice level of the chillies)
2 teaspoons oil ( I omitted as I used the chutney immediately)
salt ( adjust)


Method : 

1. Add all the ingredients into the jar of a mixer and grind to a smooth paste. 

2. You can add water while grinding, if the chutney is too thick. 
Chef tip : I did not add water as the apple was juicy. 

3. Taste and adjust salt.

Your simple and yummy Apple cilantro chutney is now ready.

Apple Cilantro Chutney


Happy Cooking !

With love,

Masterchefmom








No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...