Friday, September 20, 2019

Ridge Gourd Special Thali | Indian Thali Ideas By Masterchefmom #010 | Gluten Free and Vegan Meal


Indian Thali Ideas By Masterchefmom #010

Hi Supermoms,

Kitchen cleaning and maintenance is so important. We can be efficient in the kitchen only when we have all our ingredients organised, right? It is more easily said than done. Just like a factory, the work in the kitchen is a continuous process. From cleaning the kitchen counter after cooking to taking stock of the provisions , there is so much of work to do. 

This year, Diwali came early. I decided to change all my Plastic containers into glass jars. Indian cooking is so diverse. There are so many spices, spice powders, legumes, lentils. There are also ingredients that you will need, to cook other cuisines. This simply means that I need a lot of glass jars😀. Ordered them online and thankfully the jars got delivered in good condition. 

Of course, the kitchen looks so much cleaner now as transparent glass jars look more elegant and also saves space. But, I will keep you updated as to the maintenance and quality of the bottles. The reason I am sharing all this with you is that I have been cooking simple dishes so that I can focus on the kitchen maintenance.

I used up fresh ridge gourd - both the peel and the flesh to make two separate dishes. They taste so different and brought variety to the lunch. I also made a batch of Pesaru Manga/Instant Raw Mango pickle so that it can be part of our meal for the next few days. 

I have shared the ridge gourd thogayal recipe before and the colour of this thogayal then and now might puzzle you. Let me clarify. The colour difference is due to the chilli variety that I have used. Today, I used the guntur chilli ( used just 1 chilli as it was really hot) and hence the colour remained green. 

The microwaved appalam is such a blessing on days you do not want to deep fry. It was such a great accompaniment to the rice. 

Overall, it was such a satisfying and delicious meal .


Indian Thali Ideas By Masterchefmom #010

Here are the recipe links to re-create the Ridge Gourd Special Thali :


Indian Thali Ideas By Masterchefmom #010

Happy Cooking!

With love,

Masterchefmom

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...