Friday, September 20, 2019

The Vara Mahalakshmi Thali 2019 | Indian Thali Ideas By Masterchefmom #011| Gluten Free Meal


The Vara Mahalakshmi Thali 2019 |

Hi Supermoms,

In our home, festival day means 'special dishes'. 

Food is the most exciting part of any festival. Every festival has a set menu designed by our ancestors. The menu differs from family to family. In fact for the same festival, the dishes that my mother prepares is slightly different from what my Mother-in-law would cook. 

For the Varamahalakshmi festival, the typical menu comprises of a minimum of two types of Kozhakattai/modak, Medhu Vadai, Appam , raw rice idli and payasam/kheer. This year, I was not geared to cook an elaborate spread. I made a small batch of kozhakattai/modaks and vadai. Poha Payasam is a quick dish to make and my better half Raghu made the panchamitram with ripe bananas and dates. 

Sambar sadam with appalam and a chutney completed the simple Vara Mahalakshmi Festival Thali.

The Vara Mahalakshmi Thali 2019 |

The Vara Mahalakshmi Thali 2019 

- Aval Payasam with Jaggery ( instead of rava use poha)

The Vara Mahalakshmi Thali 2019 |

I sincerely hope that my festival thali inspires you to cook yours with loads of enthusiasm. 

Happy Cooking!

With love,

Masterchefmom









No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...