Friday, November 20, 2020

Moong Dal Laddoo Recipe | How to make Moong Dal Laddoo at Home | Diwali Special Recipe By Masterchefmom

 

Hi Supermoms,


Happy Diwali !


Diwali is all about tradition. It reminds us to seek goodness in everything, stay connected with family and friends. This year, it is also a time to be hopeful for a healthier world.


Diwali for me is all about family get togethers and celebrating the festival in a traditional manner. In South India, we get up very early in the morning, take oil bath, wear new dress and burst crackers. Most importantly eat a lot of homemade sweets and snacks. In fact the best thing I like about Diwali is the family recipes that we still make and enjoy especially during this time. 



It also always reminds me of the sweets and snacks that I enjoyed every Diwali during the growing up years . Best part is that these family recipes are so healthy and delicious . One of them is the Nutritious Moong Dal Laddoo. My Mother-in-Law would hand pound the dal and sugar to retain the taste and nutrition. But let me tell you that I get the same taste when I grind them in my New Mixer Grinder. They have this amazing Nutri Pro feature that retains the nutrition of the ingredients even after grinding. I am so excited to use my new appliance this Diwali and can’t wait to share more recipes with all of you. But do try this nutritious moong dal laddoo and get ready to receive loads of compliments .

You can watch me make this Laddoo in this below👇



Masterchefmom’s Moong Dal Laddoo:


Preparation time : 10 minutes

Cooking time : 15 minutes

1 cup = 200 ml cup

Makes : 20-25 moong dal Laddoos

Storage: Keeps good for up to 1 week


Ingredients : 


1 cup moong dal

1 cup sugar

2 cardamom pods

1 clove

3 tablespoons ghee ( adjust)

2 teaspoons grated pistachios

2 teaspoons dried rose petals



Method:


  1. Let us first dry roast the moong dal on low flame till the dal turns fragrant and  light brown .
  2. Now let us do the most important step in this recipe - grinding the roasted dal. Traditionally my Mother-in-Law would powder the dal in a stone grinder/silbatta as it would give unique taste and texture and we all know that silbatta preserves the nutrients in the food. Let me tell you that I get the same taste, texture and nutrition intact when I grind the dal in @Bajaj Mixer Grinder. It has the amazing ‘NUTRI PRO’ feature that preserves he nutrient content of the ingredients even after grinding. 
  3. Let us now powder the sugar. Pro-tip - You can add 2-3 cardamom pods along with sugar and grind .

       4. Add it the wide bowl and mix with a spoon. Pro-tip : You can add grated pistachios and

           rose petals for more richness        

       5. Heat ghee in a pan and add it to the ground dal and sugar mixture. 

       6. Mix with a spoon.

       7. Grease hands with ghee , pinch small portions and make laddoos.


Your super tasty and nutrition rich Moong dal laddoos are now ready , just in time for the special occasion. 



Do try out and share your feedback with me.


Wishing you and your family a very Happy and Joyous Deepavali. 


Happy Cooking!


With love,


Masterchefmom




P.S:


You can get your copy of my first cookbook “My Genius Lunch Box” at the nearest bookstore  OR You can order my cook book online :

Amazon 

Flipkart


No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...