Friday, February 5, 2021

Broccoli Bhurji | Broccoli Scramble By Masterchefmom | Gluten Free Recipe


 Hi Supermoms,


Seasonal, fresh local produce always excites me to create new recipes. 


Broccoli is in season now and I wanted to make the best use of it. I usually love making roasted broccoli dishes and pastas. But today, I wanted to make a dish that will pair well with the lunch I planned to serve. So, I grated the broccoli and made a simple bhurji/scramble out of it.


So simple and quick to make, this broccoli bhurji was a big hit with my family. Adding cream at the end made it even more yummy. 


When I shared my lunch menu on instagram today, many of you requested for this recipe. So, here it is…. My Broccoli Bhurji Recipe. 


I hope you find it exciting and easy to try for your family. 


Broccoli Bhurji By Masterchefmom

Preparation time: 10 minutes

Cooking time:15 minutes

Serves:4

1 cup=250 ml cup


Ingredients:


1 broccoli (washed and grated)

1 onion (thinly sliced)

1 tomato (roughly chopped)

1/2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste

1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder

1/4 teaspoon jeera powder

1/4 teaspoon Kashmiri Chilli Powder

1/4 teaspoon kitchen king masala

1 teaspoon coriander powder

2-3 teaspoons fresh cream (use cashew cream or coconut cream if vegan)

Salt to taste


For tempering:


1 teaspoon oil

1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds

1/8 teaspoon kalonji/nigella seeds

1/8 teaspoon fenugreek seeds

1/8 teaspoon mustard seeds

1 sprig curry leaves(optional)


Method:


  1. Heat a pan with oil.
  2. Temper with the ingredients given for the same.
  3. Add ginger garlic paste, onion and mix well.
  4. Now add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, salt and mix again.
  5. Let the mixture cook for a few minutes making sure that the tomatoes are lightly cooked but not mushy.
  6. Now add the grated broccoli and all the masala powders.
  7. Mix well ,cover and cook over low flame till the broccoli is well cooked.

   Chef tip: Open the lid of the pan and stir occasionally to check if the broccoli is cooked. 

  8. Finally, add cream, mix and switch off the gas.


Your delicious and healthy broccoli bhurji is now ready to be served. I served it as a part of our lunch. It was simply amazing to mix with rice. We enjoyed the leftover bhurji with rotis for dinner. It tastes so yummy. 


Do try it out for your family and share your feedback with me.


Happy Cooking!


With love,


Masterchefmom

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...