Saturday, February 19, 2022

Beetroot Poriyal Using Coconut | Beetroot Stir Fry | Gluten Free and Vegan Recipe

Beetroot Poriyal


Hi Supermoms,


Many of you would have noticed that I include beetroot regularly in my menu. I keep adding/alternating a few ingredients to bring variety, but the basic preparation/ method is almost the same. Some of you had requested me to share the recipe. Today while preparing lunch, thought of sharing this easy and tasty recipe for my beetroot poriyal/ sabzi. 


You can watch me make this healthy sabzi below 



Beetroot Poriyal By Masterchefmom


Preparation time: 10 minutes

Cooking time : 12-15 minutes

Serves: 3-4


Ingredients:


2 cup beetroot ( peeled and finely chopped)

1/8 tsp turmeric powder

Salt to taste

For tempering: 

1-2 tsp oil ( you can use sesame oil or coconut oil)

1/2 tsp mustard seeds

1/2 tsp urad dal

1/2 tsp chana dal

2-3 gundu milagai/ or any dry chilli ( adjust according to the heat of the chilli )

1 sprig curry leaves

1/4 cup fresh coconut for garnish


Method:


1. Heat oil in a pan and temper with ingredients given for the same. 

2. Add beetroot, turmeric powder and salt. 

3. Add 1/2 cup water and allow the beetroot to cook completely. 

4. Once the excess water has evaporated, add grated coconut , mix and switch off the gas. 


Your delicious beetroot poriyal is now ready!! 


I enjoy beetroot poriyal with tomato rasam. Simply delicious 😋.  I have earlier shared another version of beetroot poriyal, do check that out too. 


Do try and share your feedback with me 💕


Happy Cooking!


With love,


Masterchefmom


No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...