Friday, February 8, 2019

Pongal Saapadu | Indian Thali Ideas By Masterchefmom #002 | Gluten Free Recipes

Pongal Saapadu | Indian Thali Ideas By Masterchefmom

Hi Supermoms,

Pongal is the oldest and biggest festival in Tamilnadu. It is the harvest festival and also a way of saying thanks to Nature. I have shared a lot of pongal recipes with you earlier. In this post, I am sharing all the links to the elaborate meal that I cooked on Pongal this year. 

I miss celebrating Pongal in my hometown. So, the main celebration for me is through food. Food memories are the best. I make sure that I cook all the traditional recipes that I grew up eating on the festival day. This way, I feel so connected to my roots. Typically, there will be Ven Pongal ( savoury pongal), Sakkarai Pongal( sweet pongal), Pongal Kuzhambu on the menu. 



This year , we had guests for lunch and so I added a few more dishes, to serve them an extravagant Pongal Meal. 













Pongal Saapadu | Indian Thali Ideas By Masterchefmom

The Pongal Saapadu was delicious and my guests and family enjoyed the meal. 

I hope this compilation helps you plan your festival menu. 


Happy Cooking !

With love,

Masterchefmom



No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...