Friday, September 13, 2019

Friendship Thali | Indian Thali Ideas By Masterchefmom #007 | Gluten Free Meal


Friendship Thali

Hi Supermoms,


This thali that I cooked recently was special. It was for my friend Kishi . 
When you cook for friends especially the ones who love food, you find so much energy and enthusiasm. There were many hurdles for me to cook this meal that day. 

A trip to the vegetable market the previous evening was disappointing. The market closed early due to some technical glitch which had never happened earlier. I thought that I will step out the  next morning to get vegetables.

Unfortunately, I had stomach flu that night and was so tired and exhausted in the morning. So, getting out for vegetables was NOT an option anymore. 

I ordered some vegetables that my could be delivered within a few minutes by a small vegetable vendor inside our apartment. He had cauliflower, tomatoes, potatoes, onions and ladies finger. Though I was not happy with the vegetables , I was in no shape to go out. 

I thought that I will make a simple meal with these ingredients. At that point of time, it was a daunting task for me as my tummy was not behaving 😅. 



Thankfully I had some fresh coconut and so decided to add a thogayal/chutney to the menu. Also, as she was coming home for the first time, I thought that I will make a sweet dish/dessert and dalia sweet pongal was on my mind. 

I was really happy that I could make coconut thogayal that day as my friend liked it the most. I was so thrilled to see Kishi make my thogayal recipe the very next day. 


Friendship Thali

Here are the recipe links to re-create this thali.

- Sambar ( I used onions instead of radish)
- Dalia Sweet Pongal ( used Dalia instead of red rice)
- Cauliflower Bhajji/Pakoda ( inside of onions used cauliflower)

The taste of food doubles when we share it with friends, right?

Happy Cooking!

With love,

Masterchefmom



No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...