Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Fresh Fruit Payasam Recipe | Fresh Fruit Kheer | Fruit Payasam Recipe | Ganesh Chaturthi 2018 | Gluten Free Recipe


Fresh Fruit Payasam Recipe

Hi Supermoms,

Hope you are all well. 

We all know that fruits are good for health. It is a great snack too. But the problem is that I am quite lazy when it comes to eating fruits. This has been a problem since childhood. My father tried his best to get me into the habit of eating fruits regularly . He even used to cut the fruits and make me eat 😅. But all those efforts did not bear any fruit! 😆😆.

I haven't changed much when it comes to eating fruits and my son has a taken after me. As a mother, I want my children to eat fruits in some form. I try and use fruits in cooking. I make Gooseberry Rasam /Watermelon Rasam / Orange peel rasam, Mango Kuzhambu, Strawberry Kara kuzhambu, Strawberry chutney, Mango cake and other desserts using fruits. It may sound crazy, but I feel happy, creating fruit recipes. 

This Ganesh Chaturthi, I made fresh fruit payasam for offering as Neivedyam/prashad . Easy recipe with handful of ingredients and less sugar, this kheer was loved by all in my family.

I am sure you will be tempted to try this kheer/payasam immediately. If you are vegan, you can skip ghee and also use coconut milk . 

Fresh Fruit Payasam Recipe

Fresh Fruit Payasam Recipe:

Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serves : 2 
1 cup = 250 ml cup 

Ingredients :

1 apple ( finely chopped)
1/2 cup pomegranate pearls 
1/4 cup raisins/dry grapes
10 cashew nuts 
7-8 strands of saffron ( soaked in 2 teaspoons of warm milk)
1 cup of milk ( with the cream on top ( optional) ( adjust milk quantity)
1/4 cup palm sugar ( or regular sugar)
3-4 green cardamom ( powdered)
2 teaspoons ghee 

Method :

1. Heat a kadai/wok or a heavy bottom pan over very low flame with ghee.

2. Add the dry fruits and fry till the raisins pop up and cashew nuts are lightly browned.
Chef tip : Add the cashew nuts first and then the raisins.
3. Add the chopped fruits and cook for just 2 minutes.
4. Add milk (along with the malai/cream) and sugar .

Chef tip : Adding the cream is optional . You can adjust the quantity of milk according to the number of people you will be serving .
5. Add the powdered cardamom and the  saffron milk.
6. Let the payasam simmer for just 5 minutes and switch off. 

Your delicious Fresh fruit payasam is now ready to celebrate the special occasion.


Happy Cooking !

With love,

Masterchefmom






No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...