Tuesday, September 28, 2021

ABC Dip | ABC Chutney | Gluten Free and Vegan | Masterchefmom

ABC Dip

Hi Supermoms,


Don’t we all love a good chutney or a dip that can elevate our tiffin/chaat/snack experience. A good coconut chutney makes Dosa doubly tasty. A good green chutney makes Pakora or Kebab taste divine. The Saunth/Imli meethi chutney goes so well with the Samosa and Kachori. Similarly, the Salsa  that is inseparable from the Nachos and the Hummus with Pita. I have shared many chutney/dip recipes that you can check out here. Green Chutney, Hummus, Salsa.


My quest for new chutney recipes is never ending. I made a strawberry chutney few years back that was not only appreciated, but actually fetched me the Netflix Asia Instagram Award and took me to America. You can check out the Strawberry Chutney recipe here. In this quest, I recently created an amazing recipe that can be used both as a chutney or dip. I call this as ABC Dip. A for Apple, B for Beetroot and C for Carrot. This combination of healthy fruit and vegetables resulted in an amazing dip that my family enjoyed. 


ABC Dip

How did ABC Dip happen? 


Well, being anaemic, I have been advised to regularly eat ABC. ..ie., Apple, Beetroot and Carrot. I try to include these three items in my diet on a daily basis. Few days back, a flash occurred to me. Why can’t I integrate the ABC and create a dip which I can use along with my regular diet. Eureka, the ABC Dip was born. It goes so well with Papad, Pakora, Bajji, Bonda etc. Use it as a spread in your sandwich instead of the traditional green chutney. It goes quite well with Dosa, Uthappam and Chapathi also. It was a perfect companion for stir fried vegetables as a dip. Am going to try it along with chaat soon. Will definitely share my experience.


ABC Dip is easy to make. It is a quick two step recipe that can be made easily by anyone. 


Try the ABC Dip and share with me your feedback! I am looking forward to it ๐Ÿ’•.


ABC Dip By Masterchefmom


Total Time: 10 minutes

Serves: 3


Ingredients:


1 apple (medium size)(chopped)

1/4 cup beetroot (grated)(packed)

1/4 cup carrot (grated or chopped) 

1 teaspoon lemon juice(adjust)

1/8 tsp ginger (grated)

1/2 green chilli

sea salt to taste


To temper:


1 teaspoon oil ( you can use sesame or coconut oil)

1/2 tsp mustard seeds


Important Note : Tempering is optional. If you are using it for chaat or as a sandwich spread or dip for your snacks or salad, you can skip tempering. You can even add curry leaves in the tempering if you like. 


You can check out the recipe video below๐Ÿ‘‡



Method:


  1. Add all the ingredients into the jar of a mixer and grind to a smooth consistency.

      Chef tip: No need to add any water

      2. Heat oil in a tadka pan and temper with mustard seeds.

      3. Pour it into the chutney and mix well.


Your iron rich tasty and nourishing chutney is now ready to be served along with any tiffin or as a sandwich or wrap spread. 


ABC Chutney

Do try and share your feedback with me.


Happy Cooking!


Masterchefmom


No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...